The Pledge was established as a way to abolish the stigma and insecurity that exists for people with cancer in the workplace. It asks organisations to provide a more open, supportive and recovery-forward culture at work for all employees with cancer.
Christine Lydon, Director (Healthcare) and Chair of Disability ERG, commented, “Speaking from experience, navigating work after a cancer diagnosis can be daunting, particularly if you are still dealing with post-treatment side-effects that can affect your confidence and self-worth. I’m so proud that FH has embraced the Working with Cancer pledge. This public commitment to fully support staff in the early days of cancer, during treatment and beyond, into the ‘new normal’, in such a meaningful way is invaluable.”
As part of the Pledge we have made the following commitments:
- A commitment to work flexibility for colleagues going through treatment for cancer.
- We offer private medical cover to all our permanent employees, allowing them to avail of private treatment at a location convenient to them.
- Our Employee Assistance Program offers specific support to help employees navigate challenging times, including their own cancer diagnosis or that of a family member, with access to trained therapists and counsellors.
- Our Global Disability Employee Resource Group represents a safe and supportive employee-led space for those who have experienced cancer or are living with cancer can avail of peer support.
- Knowing that the time after cancer treatment can be daunting, we pledge to offer staff returning to work following cancer treatment access to confidential one-to-one coaching with Working with Cancer.
Find Out More
November 20, 2023
November 15, 2023